Personal note - minimal edition
Last week was a bit short on time and energy, so I'm sticking to my promise (to myself) of not fretting about the newsletter too much during those weeks :-) So here's a minimal edition where I select the articles that seem the most interesting, just without any summaries.
I hope y'all still enjoy it!
Breaches and leaks
Ransomware. Ransomware everywhere.
- UHS hospitals hit by reported country-wide Ryuk ransomware attack: link.
- New Jersey hospital paid ransomware gang $670K to prevent data leak: link.
- Hackers leak files stolen in Pakistan's K-Electric ransomware attack: link.
- Ransomware hits US-based Arthur J. Gallagher insurance giant: link.
- Nevada school district refuses to submit to ransomware blackmail, hacker publishes student data: link.
- All four of the world's largest shipping companies have now been hit by cyber-attacks: link.
Ow, and one non-ransomware story. Jeej?
- Online avatar service Gravatar allows mass collection of user info; link.