It's been less than a month since I joined Articulate, and I'm already invited to a company retreat at Lake Tahoe. No complaints here! This issue will be a minimal one, where I select the stories that jump out to me but with less filtering and summarising.
Next week I'll be visiting BruCon, so it'll be a minimal version then as well. Normal service should resume thereafter.
- SHEIN: fashion retailer, exposed data and passwords of over 6 million customers.
- United Nations: a Wordpress site related to the UN exposed thousands of resumes.
- NewsNow: UK newssite, suffered a breach where "encrypted" passwords were accessed but further details seem sparse.
- Western Digital finally fixes an authentication bypass in its MyCloud NAS devices: link
- Cisco Webex Network Recording Player has an update that fixed a remote code execution vulnerability: link
Just missed this one last week.
The availability of web applications is critical nowadays, more than ever. But it's also at risk because of very complex application-level denial of service attacks. Read this guide that highlights the different DoS techniques used so you know what to look for.
Simple and secure password management for you and your team. I use it myself every day and wouldn't want to miss it.